GOAL 15 – LIFE ON LAND
Life on Land. Life on Earth means protecting, restoring and promoting the sustainable use of the terrestrial ecosystem, managing forests sustainably, combating desertification, halting and reversing land degradation, and halting the loss of biological diversity.
Natural resources have undergone an unprecedented decline in human history since the 1950s. One in eight species is threatened by extinction
The trend is extremely negative in Italy. This can be witnessed by the sharp worsening of the indicators relating to the fragmentation of the territory and land consumption.
Among the urgent and significant measures that need to be implemented, we need to:
- reduce the degradation of natural habitats, halt the loss of biodiversity, protect and prevent the extinction of threatened species,
- conserve, restore and sustainably use the mountainous, terrestrial and inland freshwater ecosystems,
- stop the deforestation and desertification
- mobilize and significantly increase financial resources from all sources to conserve and sustainably use biodiversity and ecosystems.
- Per approfondire e consultare dati interessanti dai un' occhiata alla pagina delle Nazioni Unite dedicata all'Obiettivo di SviluppoSostenibile n.15